We hold records on supporters of Hypo Hounds and its clients. This personal information is held on one database.
How our information is managed
We manage, maintain, and protect all information according to current legislation and medical best practice.
Hypo Hounds have security measures in place to maintain and safeguard the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our systems and data. We know how important it is to protect supporters’ privacy and to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA).
If we ask supporters for personal information we will:
• let them know why we need it
• only ask for what we need, and not collect excessive or irrelevant information
• make sure nobody has access to it who shouldn’t
• only keep it for as long as we need to
• not make it available for commercial use
In return, to help us keep your information reliable and up to date, we ask customers to:
• give us accurate information
• tell us as soon as possible of any changes, such as new address
All information is stored, processed and communicated in a secure manner making it readily available only to authorised users.
Created: May 2018.
Updated: January 2021.
Client information MAY BE shared with other parties to assist with the training of their dog. Information will only be shared in line with our Data Sharing policies and to a Data Protection or Safe Guarding officer.