How to support Hypo Hounds
Hypo Hounds receives no government funding and all our training costs are covered by public donations.
There are lots of ways that you can help raise funds for Hypo Hounds.
How your support helps…
• £10 is the cost per day of one assistance dog puppy and related costs in puppy walking
• £25 keeps owners and dogs safe with leads, collars and identity disc
• £50 means dogs are visible with jackets and specalised harnesses
• £250 ensures dogs are safely spayed or neutered
• £500 brings partnerships together through client/dog assessments
• £ 1,000 will pay for us to buy a puppy from a specialist breeder
• £2,000 will pay for two specialist family training and counselling sessions for upto 10 families
• £20,000 is how much it costs to train a support dog from assessment to graduation
Corporate partnership with Hypo Hounds can be a fantastic way to help us continue our vital work training diabetic alert assistance dogs.
Please email Corporatefunding@hypohounds.co.uk to discuss with us further.
There are lots of different options for supporting Hypo Hounds:
- Nominate us as your Charity of the Year
- Give as you Earn
- Request a speaker for your business
- Volunteer for local events
- Fund a puppies training (This includes naming rights and also monthly visits to your place of work*)
Getting your school involved with Hypo Hounds can be a rewarding experience for children, parents and teachers.
It’s a great way of creating awareness about Type 1 diabetes among your school community and children always love meeting our dogs for a ‘pat and chat’!
- Nominate us as your school’s Charity of the Year
- Invite a Hypo Hounds speaker to an assembly
- Run an event
- Hold an own clothes day
Volunteers are an integral part of Hypo Hounds and are essential to the smooth running of the charity and its continued success.
If you would like more information please email us for a volunteer application pack at volunteering@Hypohounds.co.uk or call 01233 756555
Here is just a short list of options for volunteering opportunities that are available:
- Helping at fundraising events Nationally
- Administration at our HQ
- Puppy Socialiser
- Collection box co-ordinator
- Leaflet Distribution at local community groups
- Talks in your local community about our work
- Open a regional fundraising hub in aid of us
Click here to go to Much Loved which is an online platform where you can set up a tribute page for a loved one with tributes coming directly to Hypo Hounds.
Other fundraising ideas..
- Hold a cake sale
- Organise a sponsored ride, swim or dog walk
- Host a disco or party night
- Arrange a ‘pat and chat’ for your group (WI, Rotary etc)
- Leave a gift in your will
Sponsor our training equipment
Looking for a quick and easy way to make a difference?
Why not donate equipment for our puppy training programme?
You can quickly and easily add a few items from our Amazon Wish List, they’ll get delivered straight to our offices and be put to use before you know it!
Draw full of old phones or ink cartridges?
Those unwanted phones sat in your desk draw and old ink cartridges in the office can help our life-saving work.
Register with Recycle4Charity and send them to be recycled.
Recycle your mobile phones and ink cartridges.
Register with Recycle 4 Charity and don’t forget to choose Hypo Hounds as your chosen charity.